Meet the team and follow our progress as we train for the ride...

Monday 7 May 2012

Our Achilles heel

After 7 days we all have blisters and bruising all over. However, poor Jen did hurt her ankle on Monday and finally had it looked at:


"Day 4 for me was another day in the van, my Achillies was still sore, although I had got pretty good at getting around on tip toes. After lunch I made a quick getaway with the DA crew and got in to Shrewsbury to visit the A&E department if the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital. Top marks to the NHS, I was in, seen by doctor and physiotherapist, and out again within an hour. The diagnosis was not ideal given the fact we were on day 4 of a 12 day cycle. Luckily I have not ruptured my Achilles but definitely damaged it – no cycling for 6 weeks and crutches for 2! The taxi ride from the hospital back to the hotel in Shrewsbury was not a happy one as my Lejog (on a bike at least) was over."
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment